Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Wishes for My Bitches

Yes, one more year where I had grand plans to send out Christmas cards and find perfect gifts for all my friends and mail them out in time to get there for the actual holiday. Hell, I still have Chrissy's BIRTHDAY present sitting on a shelf in my living room. Sometimes it amazes me that any of you even like me any more!

In an effort to find some creative and crafty gifts, I went to the Punk Rock Flea Market, this morning. The PRFM is organized by a local concert promotion company that puts on shows at the First Unitarian Church in downtown Philly. The purpose of the event is to raise money to make repairs and improvements to the church's concert space. There's always lots of used crap, but also some cool stuff...art, hand made jewelry/bags/clothes, used vinyl galore. Last time we went, there was a woman selling these hilarious greeting cards with feminist phrases and pictures on them. I went, today, hoping to find her again so that I could send all of you a box of her cards, but she wasn't there. So mad so sad. But guess who WAS there! Jay, the very first winner of Project Runway, had his own booth, where he was selling some handmade stuff....AND selling autographed pictures. How punk rock. Blech. And the stuff he was selling was ugly, too. Look at how far Project Runway can get you, eh? At one point he called one of his guy friends a gay slur that I won't repeat. The look of utter amusement on his friend's face when he said, "Did YOU just call ME a ---?" was enough hilarity to make the whole trip worth it.

So I hope that at least my efforts mean something, even if they weren't productive. I hope that everyone has a very very very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! We will be in NYC for New Years, by the way! (Hint Hint.)

0 comments: