Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas time is here!



We're really in the countdown now. So, instead of Partridges in Pear Trees... how about Jolly Old MHC Memories?

I can recall a particularly lush Christmas that resulted from some sticky fingers on campus. No names here, folks. But can you picture the diminutive tree (it was a branch, I think) drowning in a deeeeeeeep pile of presents? There was an awful lot of makeup in the mix, but I can't remember what else. Except the black & red teddy that somebody wore in a certain movie as Jennifer Fantastic, the hooker with a heart of gold!

I also remember the construction paper fireplace, complete with brick chimney & mantel, where we hung our stockings.

Aaaah... so nice. Christmas gets a little wacky around here, too. I can't wait. Last year, GI Joe with kung-fu grip was a key player on Christmas day. I miss that guy.

3 comments:

stacey said...

That was such an amazing pile of presents...I remember receiving thongs and books. And Sanne stole boxing gloves for Marcus. A really good Christmas.

Jessica Battilana said...

Even I remember that Christmas, a newcomer to the flock. Though my memories ought to have been obliterated by the Metaxa that Mr. Pembroke and I consumed. I do remember the story of how Faith and Sanne found the tree, lit by a shaft of sunlight, deep in the Massachusetts woods...

Faith said...

ohhhhhhhhhh such happy memories!