Sunday, October 28, 2007

Dave's got himself a sweater

After almost 2 years and learning that it's okay to completely unknit huge sections of a sleeve or a back or a front cause you realize you've done the pattern wrong - Dave's sweater is done!! We're in DC right now and the sweater is back in BK, so once we're both in the same place as the sweater, I'm making him put it on and I'll take a pic and post it. I've had some spare time (dealing with moving and finding a job don't take up all my time) and determined it was about damn time to complete the project. It's definitely not perfect, but who's first attempt at a sweater ever is?!?

Question for the lawyer of the group - so I was summoned for jury duty in county court and completed that, got my letter saying I'm exempt for 8 years. However, just got a summons for district court - of course the morning of the day we're flying back red-eye from AZ. I'm assuming my county court exemption doesn't apply to district court? I honestly don't mind being summoned, just extremely inconvenient and if it gets postponed, we'll be most likely dealing with the big move when I'd be summoned again.

3 comments:

LD said...

Hmmm...I only got summoned once in NYC, and it was after we moved to Philly, so I just sent the card back with a copy of our utility bill and they took me off the rolls. You should be able to call them and explain your situation and get a postponement. And it would probably be pushed back to a time after the move. And yeah, I think that District Court, since it's federal, is a different requirement than county. Coincidentally, I just got summoned for Phila County jury duty, but I think they'll wave goodbye when I tell them I worked for a city judge.

stacey said...

congratulations on the sweater. Your first grown-up sweater, right?

Liz said...

Yup, and now I'm on to making a little girl's jumper - wish me luck! Have to learn how to crochet for part of this project...