Friday, September 28, 2007

This is TJ--he looks freakishly devilish in this picture, but I guess that's sort of the point. He's sporting the Little Devil Pants knit from a pattern in Stitch n' Bitch Nation. They were a stitch n' bitch to knit, let me tell you..but they're finally done. The only problem is (and you can't see them in this picture) that sewing up the inseams for me was really hard, and I kind of messed it up so the front of the pants look like a vagina. No joke. But at least they were too big (he's a huge-ass kid and we were all worried by the time I finished knitting he'd have outgrown them), so they'll fit him for Halloween/fall/probably into winter and Christmas time, too. Pretty damn cute, if I do say so myself! That's the last thing I knitted, besides participating in Faith's beautiful wedding afghan. Currently working on dishcloths, which are kind of boring me right now. I have some lovely Web's-brand wool yarn waiting for me to knit up a cableknit scarf--FOR ME! I have never, ever knit anything for myself--not even a stinking dishcloth, so I want to do it right. I'm unaccomplished at cables, however, the first one I did being on Faith's blanket, so I'm a little nervous, but I'm sure I'll figure something out. Anyway, thanks for all the knitting posts because it's getting me re-inspired, especially now that the weather is finally cooling off around here! ---cd

0 comments: