Sunday, September 23, 2007

itch to stitch


While I'm far away from my fellow nookers, I'm feeling closer these days. Why? A gaggle of pals came to my wedding this summer! Yeah - thanks, guys! It was a bummer more couldn't come, we had half a reunion there. Here we are, plus a few more fellow MHC chicas...

But now that we've got this blog (thanks for setting it up!) we can ramble on just like back in the good old days and bring back that lovin' feelin'.

Part of the goal of this blog is for us to get our craftiness in gear. Well, friends, I'm gearing up. Gearing up! I know I have some catch-up knitting to do... from, like, a million years ago. Sorry - but you know I love you! Some of you have seen the sad state of my knitting in person. I buy the books (Stitch 'n Bitch, Stitch 'n Bitch Nation, Ready Set Knit, and so on). I buy the yarn (and yes, sometimes I fall for cheap acrylic blends). I've got the equipment (needles galore, stitch counters, crochet hooks...). But I don't have much for skills. I could use some tips on how to transform my steady garter stitch into something a little more interesting. Any ideas? I know I can't avoid purling forever.

I'm a long way from this - the gorgeous afghan my nookettes made with their own hands! Normally this is not kitty Pete's hang-out, but as soon as I spread it out to take the photo, he couldn't resist.

1 comments:

LD said...

I haven't gotten to see the blanket yet and it looks BEAUTIFUL! Oh, I'm getting all teary-eyed at work. I was at a baby shower, this weekend, and I told the grandma-to-be about our little blanket-making tradition, and she started getting all weepy just thinking about it.