Thursday, September 20, 2007

Eating, Us, Plastic

Hi there. I'm CD and my lovely wife is SP (yes, we blog on the same account. I know this is potentially confusing--sorry in advance!) We're gay, we're married, we're trying to have a baby, we just moved into a house in Western Mass from NYC a year ago, and we love our dog and cat A LOT! Somehow I ended up being the chef of the family. I like to cook when I'm not forced to, and usually try to channel my 93-year-old Italian grandmother when I'm cooking. She gets up every single morning and basically is either on her feet cooking, or watching the Food Network. This is what I strive to be and how I want to approach food. I am not a "foodie"--I don't have gourmet tastes, but I do like to eat healthily and as locally as possible. Local food is important where we live--our part of the state even has its own website regarding this particular issue! (Here it is, for those who are interested!) For my birthday a couple of weeks ago, I got a gigantic stainless steel skillet that can go straight from stove to oven and withstand temperatures of up to 550 degrees. Do you understand how excited this makes me?? I have always wanted to whisk a meal from stovetop to oven, pull it out, and have it become a magical dish. I'll let you know how my first one turns out.

Anywho, just wanted to pop in and introduce ourselves, as L. already has. You'll probably hear me or SP railing against plastic containers in one of our next posts, as it's sort of our latest obsession. (Throw away your N*lgene bottles now, people! NOW!) But that's another post. I don't have the pleasure of having cable where I can watch Tim Gunn's new show, as our local cable station does not carry Bravo. They do, however, carry Fox News now. That's pretty much an adequate replacement, right?!

3 comments:

LD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LD said...

Yay! Okay...I hope this blog doesn't die with these two posts. CD, I'm working on a post that recommends a site that belongs to one of Mike's friends' girlfriends. She's a chef and posts awesome recipes all the time, so if you have a recipe to post, go for it!

LD said...

And why does it keep posting all my comments under the name The Mohos...I'm gonna have to work on that.