Saturday, February 07, 2009

A little culture on a Friday night

Gallery: Highwire Gallery
Show: Lookin' for Love




My friend Andrew's piece. It was a series of three, but I was trying to take pictures covertly with my cell, so I didn't get good shots of the other two. This was the prettiest one anyway.



Artist: Justin Bursk. It's hard to read the writing, but all down the right side, over and over, it says, "This fall she asked me when I was going to die." On the left side, it says, "I told her never." Very hipster emo, but I liked it.



Another crappy photo, but these pieces were cool. They were attached to the wall like cabinets. The one on the left was entitled something like "Wedding Day" and the other was "Walking on Egg Shells." I didn't get all the details down because someone started reading poetry...bad poetry...so I had to get out before my ears started bleeding.

2 comments:

CD and SP said...

oh, art...

LD said...

Trust me, this gallery was way better than the first one we went into. Most of that gallery was digital photos of erotica...whoop de freakin' do. Although, even the good gallery had some doozies...like the gigantic penis/cannon that was covered in green faux fur. Of course, that was Mike's favorite...