Saturday, January 02, 2010

Okay fine, I'll give in...

I've been arguing all weekend that it is NOT the end of the decade, mathematically speaking, but I'm giving in to the idea that it just makes more sense to say that 2010 is the first year of the "teens." Plus, C.'s latest blog post on Cutest Little Babymakers made me actually sit down and think about all of the highlights that our little crew has had over the last 10 years. Here are a few:

6 Mount Holyoke Degrees
3 graduate degrees
5 weddings (and 4 wedding blankets SO FAR...)
4 dogs, 9 cats(?), and a baby
4 house purchases
9 New York City apartments
We've lived in Massachusetts, Maine, Alaska, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Louisianna, and Costa Rica
We've had careers as teachers, lawyers, doulas, artists, fundraisers, stylists, and counselors.

I'm sure I could come up with much more, but there's Chinese food waiting for me. I just thought it was interesting that over the last 10 years, we have lived together, apart, together again, and then scattered once more...and at least in my case, I have made countless new friends along the way, but always shared a special connection...one that I've always valued over every other...with all of you. Here's to another decade of accomplishments and "Us."