Monday, February 16, 2009

My first design



So this is my first self-designed hat. The two buttons are sewn through, so there's no button-holes. I had originally designed it to have a buckle instead of the buttons, but future incarnations might go back to that plan. It's made from Cascade 220, which has quickly become my most fave yarn ever. I'm going to start an Etsy store, once I have a few items done. I'm calling it Kensington Supply Co., after the larger neighborhood that encompasses Fishtown. I'm still deciding on a name for this design...

7 comments:

stacey said...

super-cute hat

Laura said...

Thanks, Stace!

S, the fake head is from Sally Beauty Supply. It's styrofoam...it cost less than $4. I have to put it up real high to keep it away from the cats.

S. said...

you have a fake head.
do you practice your kissing techniques?

LD said...

Yes and Mike watches. It's all very kinky.

stacey said...

Try drawing on her with make-up...that's what all the wig heads in costume shops look like. Like trampy girls with smeared lipstick that everyone wants to make out with.

Faith said...

i like it! as for a name for it, i love it when people name designs after people names. like you could call it 'deirdre'

i dunno, i just always think that's kinda cute. like a dress that's named 'natalie' has a certain feeling. oooh you could call it natalie! ok, that's my own dumb obsession.

Liz said...

love the hat!!