Saturday, February 14, 2009

feb 14



i've been saving this picture since early in the week for today (see the xoxo? thanks pepsi)

I'm having an awful day here. My clients lost their baby. I have no idea how to deal with it. They're coping with their own grief privately and don't want anything to do with me now. That's totally their right, but the only thing I feel like I know how to do is try to help them and beyond that I'm at a total loss. So I really miss you guys today and wish everyone still lived together...here or elsewhere. I have some doula friends here and further away who get this and are terrifically supportive, but are still very new in my life and I really just miss having old friends around.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Oh no, Stacey! Are these the folks who had the question you called me about?? That is just awful. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. I've been having moments, alot, lately where I miss everyone terribly. You guys are the most supportive and dynamic women I know...it's hard living without you. Hey Stace...I'm off until Tuesday. I'm happy to make a day trip up for a visit...just let me know if you're up for it!

Liz said...

So sorry to hear what you're dealing with right now. I've had a good friend lose a baby and there really isn't a whole lot you can do about it, except let them deal with it in their own way. It's devastating, plain and simple.
Hope this helps. Hang in there! Lots of love and missing you all too!

S. said...

oh god. i can't even fathom. what happened? was it during birth? call if you want to talk about it.

Faith said...

oh stacey, that is so sad! i'm sorry to hear it.