Monday, September 08, 2008

So here's the big question...

...am I getting an afghan for my wedding or what?

Just kidding...I know folks have had some pretty major life changes in the last year or so. Of course, I want one...but I'll cry for a few minutes and then get over it if there's no blanket.

Anyway, I thought about the blanket the other day when someone commented to me about how "un-traditional" my wedding is going to be. I didn't realize that eliminating the groom's cake, the dollar dance and the bouquet toss meant that my wedding was not traditional. And you should have seen her face when I said I hadn't considered changing my name until recently, and that I only wanted to do it if I could also change my middle name. I defended myself by saying that I have other traditions that I do uphold, and I told the story of our knitted blankets, saying that even if I eliminate certain traditions, I'm still capable of creating new ones with the people that matter the most to me. Some people are so lame. I'm glad that my friends are so much cooler than that.

Food for thought...sort of: I've started watching the new 90210, on my couch, with my Philly friend, Tina. It reminds me of evenings spent watching the old 90210 while eating dorm food out of a take-out container...there were two episodes on from 5-7, if I remember correctly. Has anyone watched it? Was the original as deliciously bad as the new one?

1 comments:

stacey said...

I haven't seen the new version, but you can watch the old show on cbs.com. I've watched a few and, sadly, don't love them in that junk food way like I used to...too dated maybe?